Re: stripping a plastic grill

To: <rgreene@whoi.edu>, <KHOCO@aol.com>
Subject: Re: stripping a plastic grill
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:14:41 -0500
Hi everyone,
we're certainly all interested in stripping..............LOL...
OK, I've tried a few things with the plastic grill for the last two days.
Brake fluid alone did not do the job.
Easy Off oven cleaner seems to be most effective. It's still a very slow
process. I let the product sit and work its magic for about 2 hours. It will
then take a thin layer of paint off in certain areas. I'll then to over the
entire surface with brake fluid, which seems to soften the paint a bit more.
I'd say half of the paint is removed at this point.
I've tried to find a good stripper for plastic models in a craft shop. So far,
not one shop carried such a product but my search is not over.
I'm determined to get this job done.
Cheers
Liv