Re: 61 TR3A

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 61 TR3A
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 95 09:40:38 -0700
In message <950603093312_21421612@aol.com>  writes:
 .

> My point is simply that these cars are, IMHO, more fun to drive and show than
> to restore.

Agreed.  If you get into an active Triumph club, being an active member and
participating in the driving events is a kick.  Sitting home sanding while
everyone else is out on a driving event is the pits.  But I did work harder
during those events.

>  Also, I'm convinced that the better the car you start with, the
> better the result will be.

Only if you are taking short cuts and making comprimizes.  Certainly you will
get the job done faster and cheaper.  If it is a no comprimize rebuild, the end
product will be as you want it no matter what the car initially looked like.

  For sure you'll be enjoying the driving much
> sooner.

Yes!

> Finally, make sure your marriage is SOUND,  your finances are SOUND and that
> you enjoy listening to the SOUND to other people's cars while your's sits
> forlornly in its storage space.

I ended up dropping out of my local Triumph club and missing a a lot of British
car events or going in the Land Rover and hanging out with the Land Rover crowd.
Seeing all those Triumphs on the road or going to Triumph club runs had just
gotten too painful.  Its not the same taking a MG to a Triumph related event.
You miss way too much of the Triumphfest fun if you do not bring one.

So now I dream of the day I can drive the Once & future TR3 to a Triumph
Travelers club function.

TeriAnn Wakeman              .sig closed for remodeling
twakeman@apple.com