61 TR3A

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 61 TR3A
From: <RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 95 09:19:50 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
Hi gang,
This is a few days behind the discussion as I was off for a few days.
(I know, I always "off". There I said it before Andy Mace could.)
My '58 TR3A came home from the paint shop and I took some vacation to
start reassembly. Which, I beleive, gives me (like TeriAnn) a very close
personal perspective on George Oliver's query on restoring the much
discusssed $400 TR3.

>From George's description the car sounds like it's not a parts car but
it definitely IS a project. It may or not be for you George, and from
your post, apparently it isn't. Let's hope someone saves it.  I hope my
earlier posts didn't give the impression that I favored parting the car
out. Andy can tell you that I don't do that unless the car is REALLY
bad. I bought a '56 TR3 some years ago that is/was in much worse shape
than the '61 and haven't parted it. That car remains a project-in-waiting.
So you can see I'm not one to give up on a project.

TeriAnn really did put it all in proper perspective. Good advice from a
lady who knows her TR.

Rik

Rik Schlierer                 "Weekends don't count unless you
RGS03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US         spend them doing something
NYS DEPT OF HEALTH, ALBANY NY  completely pointless" (Calvin)