Re: 61 TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 61 TR3A
From: gaoliver@joplin.att.com (G A Oliver)
Date: 5 Jun 95 09:47:23 -0400
Email-version: 2
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for guidance, sounds like the
consensus it that the car should be restored.  At this point I have no
interest in the car, and like the rest of you, would like to see it restored.

If anybody wants to take it on, please feel free to contact Warren Bigos, the
owner, directly.  He can be reached at (609) 683-4470.

As indicated in a previous message, the biggest problem appears to be some
body sag, judging by how hard it was to close the driver's door which had no
clearance at the top and about a 1/4 inch at the bottom (the right hand door
looked OK).  I'm assuming this sag my be due to badly rusted inner sills on
the left side of the car and that the frame is OK, but I am not sure.

Finally, I think the car, extra engine, bucket/boxes of supposedly extra parts
could be acquired very cheaply, $100-200, maybe free.  The owner originally
told me $350-400, but when I saw him, he said he just wants to clear it out of
his garage, and if no one wants it he will probably junk it.

Clearly, this is a low cost acquisition, the real money will be in bringing it
back!

If anyone is contemplating taking this on, I would be happy to try to answer
any questions you may have, please feel free to contact me.

George Oliver
gaoliver@joplin.att.com