Re: TR O/D Gearbox Oil

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR O/D Gearbox Oil
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 10:24:11 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 7 Jun 1995, Andrew Mace wrote:

> I hesitate to enter into the fray, but I'm now totally confused. I

        I remember this thread from last year sometime... I've been
        using 90wt in my somewhat bastardized (TR4 with TR6 overdrive,
        attached to a TR4A flywheel/clutch/etcera) assembly for several
        years and apart from the chronic leaks (which I'm workin' on)
        I've had NO PROBLEM operation-wise from either the trans or the
        OD. I did try engine oil at first, but found it a lot noisier
        and leakier than it is now.

> Seems to me this has been discussed before; does anyone have a summary
> of that discussion, or an authoritative answer, lest we create yet another
> seemingly endless thread?

        Like ISADORA DUNCAN and the Bugattiisottahispanosuiza?

        Greg "are we there yet?" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois