Re: TR O/D Gearbox Oil

To: Johnmowog@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR O/D Gearbox Oil
From: "Doug Mitchell" <doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 07:16:36 -0400 "Re: TR O/D Gearbox Oil" (Jun 7, 3:38am)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John,

If you are so bitter towards BL, why don't you get rid of your BL
product? ;)

That being said, regarding your comments on the use of engine oil
in ODs, my Spit manual states to use 90 weight. After having my
OD rebuilt over the winter, (21 years, 108K miles) I asked the
mechanic who did the work what he recommended to use. I was asking
because I had read an article supplied by another netter and printed
by Laycock. The article said to use 30-50 weight oil in the OD.
The transmissions in TRs, not MGs, must have 80-90 gear oil. Because
of the common oil in the box/OD, it follows that you must use the
80-90 in the OD.

Doug Mitchell