Re: Put a GT6 motor in a Spit?

To: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Put a GT6 motor in a Spit?
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:08:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard Jackson wrote:

> >I have to ask.  With all the talk of putting a GT6 engine in a Spitfire,
> >tub swapping, etc., has anyone simply chopped the top off a GT6?  Gas
> >tank relocation and trunk lid support construction would be necessary.
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Why relocate, keep the flat GT6 tank and you get a much bigger, better sized
> boot(trunk).
>
> Rich
> England.

Yes, the gas tank location could possibly remain unchanged.  I was simply
looking at the filler.  Thought it best for the filler to go forward of
the trunk lid.  If I recall correctly, if the filler location remained as
on the GT6, it would end up being _through_ the trunk lid.

Just my random thoughts.

Keith in Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net