RE: Thrust Washers

To: "'Jeff Nathanson'" <jeffn@msystech.com>, "'Carol Zingone'" <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Thrust Washers
From: "Nicholls, Clark" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:12:12 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'vtr@autox.team.net'" <vtr@Autox.Team.Net>
Yeah, why just replace the thrust washers when you can restore the whole
car to showroom condition??

Come on, people.  Replacing the Thrust washers isn't that big a deal,
just make sure you orient the side with the gap toward the moving
surface of the crank, not towards the block.

Also, learn not to sit at trafficlights and stopsigns with the clutch
pedal to the floor.   That's how the thrustwashers get worn out in the
first place.  Put the gearbox in neutral and let the clutch out.

Clark

P.S.
I can't think of any other access to the Thrust washers than by removing
the pan..