Re: Thrust Washers

To: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thrust Washers
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 22:32:14 -0600
I'm no mechanic by any stretch of even my own imagination, but I changed my
TR6's thrust washers (as a preventative move) with no problems.  The only
"special" tool needed is a torque wrench.  Several sources of info are
available that walk the non-mechanic through the steps - let me know if you
decide to go ahead & I'll dig them out.  BTW, the job is done with the
engine in the car - just by dropping the oil pan.
I also took advantage and replaced the oil pump and the main and crank
bearings at the same time.  90 PSI was a lovely sight after the first
start-up.
Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L