Re:TR4, Latest addition to the family

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:TR4, Latest addition to the family
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:53:33 -0700
Hi Brad,

If the commission number is correct, then your car was built in late
'64.

However, it sounds like you suspect the commission number may be
incorrect.

The early TR4's had solid aluminum mounts for the steering rack &
pinion.

Really early ones had SU carbs.

The first 6000 or so had 0 degree castor on the front end.

The first 15,000 or so had horizontal pleats on the seat backs. Maybe
that will help.

Sorry, I have none of the spares you need. Good luck with the new toy.
You have excellent taste in automobiles.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602

--