Re: TR4, Latest addition to the family

To: lseidman@erols.com
Subject: Re: TR4, Latest addition to the family
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:02:21 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Lenny,

> Really early cars also have the smaller(length) hood bulge on the bonnet
> and steel/chrome plated 3-piece surrounds at the top of the rear cockpit
> and at the top of the windshield instead of aluminum used on the later
> cars. Also early cars used the TR3 style radiator with rearward extended
> neck.

Unfortunately this bonnet does not have that type of bulge.  This one
goes all the way to the rear edge of the bonnet.  Which means I need
to locate an early bonnet.  That should be fun. It does have the 3 piece
surround at the rear of the cockpit and the one on top of the
windscreen frame is steel at least according to the magnet test.  The
radiator is another item that I would like to change out to the correct
early one.

Thanks for the info lenny.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)