Re:TR4, Latest addition to the family

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re:TR4, Latest addition to the family
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:05:44 -0500

Hi Alan,

> If the commission number is correct, then your car was built in late
> '64.
>
> However, it sounds like you suspect the commission number may be
> incorrect.

I'm about 99% certain that it is an early car and not a 64 or 65 as titled.

> The early TR4's had solid aluminum mounts for the steering rack &
> pinion.

This car does have the aluminum mounts.

> Really early ones had SU carbs.

I sould like to find a pair of correct HS carbs.

> The first 6000 or so had 0 degree castor on the front end.
>
> The first 15,000 or so had horizontal pleats on the seat backs. Maybe that
> will help.

I do not believe the seats are original, they both tilt up and do NOT
have the spring and horse hair padding.

> Sorry, I have none of the spares you need. Good luck with the new toy. You
> have excellent taste in automobiles.

I'm sure the parts  will turn up somewhere.  Just have to look and look
and look.......

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)