Re: TR4, Latest addition to the family

To: blknwht@nwrain.com
Subject: Re: TR4, Latest addition to the family
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:26:35 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Another thing. The early cars had Jaeger gauges. Someone else help me,
> didn't later cars end up with Smiths?

Thats something I didn't notice either.  Guess I'll have to identifiy
those also in the morning!!

> The lower dash brackets aren't to hard to come by, although you'l probably
> see more of the 4A type with the mini console thing. BTW has anybody seen
> an aftermarket console for the 4-250's? I know a guy who has one, he said
> he was considering making copies of it. I may be able to persuade him to
> make a mold if we had enough interest.

I have a 4A console that I won't be using but its good to know that
the lower support brackets are apparently out there and available.

> My car does not have a badge and appears not to have ever had one. An
> early photo of the line near final assembly shows the rear of the cars and
> it's obvious that the deck lids were not drilled for badges.

I wouldn't be surprised if the boot lid on mine is from a later car.  I'm
fairly certain the bonnet is also.

Does your boot use the prop rod or the self locking later kind?

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
196? TR4                CT38888LO (Chassis # 0281CT, missing OD !)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Spring shackle problems)