Re: TR4/4A differences

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4/4A differences
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:05:57 EST5EDT
Thanks Art! This is fun! No hassle here either. I guess concours folks get
really up
tight because there's a lot of $$ involved....(not that there's anything wrong
with that)

Is the 4A a different Car? What a question... It definitely deserves an "A"
after the model. It rides much differently.

The six blade fan thing is a real mystery. I think a lot of folks in hotter
areas have
the six blade. This mystery is added to by folks who put Volvo 122 fans on per
B.S. on
TR's. They look very period if not original.... I know what the parts books
say, but I
don't think it's that simple....perhaps the six blade fans were standard for
west coast
distributors?

Are the "holes" for the jack actually there with the large rubber plugs? I'm
CTC69404L
.... a 'mid' to "late" 4A . Perhaps my floors have been replaced...

I predict the carb thing will become hotly debated after TRA publishes its 4A
judging guide... What about the "trial" run of 100 cars with SU's? Exactly
100?.... and
then there was the tendency to "use up" old stock as you said... I think any
attempt to
set an absolute cut off for the use of the Strombergs is going to be "hotly"
(and
happliy, like this) debated....

> > Door locks in handles, not  separate.
>
> TR4 locks were in the handle.

Yep. I'm thinking of the 250 & 6 ... I think....

Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900