RE: TR4/4A Differences

To: "INTERNET:ArthurK101@aol.com" <ArthurK101@aol.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4/4A Differences
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:31:15 -0400
Message text written by Art Kelly
>As well as a larger radiator for the TR4A, the TR4A had a six bladed
rather
than a four bladed fan (as on the TR4).<

I hate to correct the man I look to for MY info, but
I think the fan varied through the 4A run.  I have CT73336L (fairly
late in the run) and I have a metal 4 blade fan that I am positive is
original to the car.  (1 previous owner - my father- and only 28448
miles.)  Maybe very close to the end of the run (when they were
gearing up for the 6 cyl engine) they used the 6 blade plastic fan.

I wonder when/how the change-over was made.  Was it
random fitment with the first fan the mechanic laid his hands on,
or was there an abrupt cut-off.

-Tony