Re: TR6: Ignitor Ignition

To: drjclark@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: TR6: Ignitor Ignition
From: lgmtr6@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:01:41 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:46:26 -0500 "Jack R. Clark"
<drjclark@mindspring.com> writes:

>Anyone using the Ignitor ignition system? ...>
>Thanks,
>Jack '74 TR6

Jack,
I put one on my '76 TR6. The car started great, but developed a miss
under load that I could not fix (until I put the points back in). I also
fitted one to my neighbors '75 TR6. Same result.  The 75 &  76 TR6s have
an internal ballast resistor (in the harness). I never did figure out
whether or not that was a cause of the miss. I would fit the unit back on
my car if I could find the cause of the problem.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald