Re: TR6: Ignitor Ignition

To: lgmtr6@juno.com
Subject: Re: TR6: Ignitor Ignition
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:04:29 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I put one on my '76 TR6. The car started great, but developed a miss
 under load that I could not fix (until I put the points back in). I also
 fitted one to my neighbors '75 TR6. Same result.  The 75 &  76 TR6s have
 an internal ballast resistor (in the harness). I never did figure out
 whether or not that was a cause of the miss. I would fit the unit back on
 my car if I could find the cause of the problem.

 Larry Miceli
 '76 TR6
 '73 Stag
 '66 Herald >>

Larry,

I have the same miss with my newly acquired '76 TR6.  It also has electronic
ignition and the miss is most noticable when taking off from a dead stop.
Maybe the root of the problem is the same as yours.  I'd sure like to get it
solved.....

Scott Helms
N. Indiana