Re: TR6: Ignitor Ignition

To: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6: Ignitor Ignition
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 09:45:02 -0700
Probably, I set my timing at factory specs, vacuum intact. Performance
throughout the gears is great and also at speed. When I step on it at 65-70
the TR-6 leaps forward. Passing was never this good before. I am without
the Ignitor at present due to failure of the electronics. But as the cold
weather comes on I will replace. Cold starts are almost instantaneous in
the 30° F weather we get here in N. Cal. I did get a full year of service
out of the unit I bought from a local TR-250 owner who originally bought it
from Roger Bollick at rgb@exact.com.
On the TR the sensor position was pretty much pre-determined by its
mounting points on the dizzy plate.

Deano