RE: Winter Storage / Oil Change again in the Spring?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Winter Storage / Oil Change again in the Spring?
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:54:52 GMT
On 29 Sep 1998, Gernot Vonhoegen wrote:

> Didn't say this is not oil. The point is that you don't need additives in
> gear oil

Excuse me? Gear oils has as least as many additives as engine oils. What
do you think their strong smell is caused by? The neighbors cat marking
his territory through the gearbox vent?

> > Indeed, many
> > modern cars uses an engine oil for the gearbox.
>
>       For different reasons. The reasons are that many gearboxes no longer
> have srtaight cut gears etc.

Oh, is that so? Well, in my neck of the woods, straight cut gears for
autocars gradually went out of fashion around 1930-something.

Egil
--
Neckties strangle clear thinking.
                -- Lin Yutang