RE; Metric vs. English

To: "105671.471@compuserve.com" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE; Metric vs. English
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 07:29:00 -0500
Well, I am not at all sure the US will be left behind because
we do not switch to metric.  Metric vs. English measurement
as a meaningless distinction.  The only purpose it does serve
is for standardization (not a bad goal).

It is cheaper to use English wrenches since they are
usually graded in 1/16", so you would need only 16 of them
to make a pretty complete set.  Metric wrenches are every millimeter,
and would require 25 of them to cover the same size range.  The
cost of a wrench set is about 156% higher, and they work
no better!!

The Farenheit temp scale is about twice as accurate when used
in full degrees (such as in the weather report).  How am I MORE informed
if I use Celsius??

So, what is in it for me to make the change (except the odd mars explorer)?