RE: Roadster Factory Backorders

To: "Paul Brandsema" <lbc61tr4@usa.net>, "Triumph Email List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roadster Factory Backorders
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:33:17 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Paul,

I also ordered the interior parts for my TR4 back in September.
They shipped about half the order... $700... right away.  When I
call "Joannie" at customer service she has no information on ETA
whatsoever.  I like TRF parts quality and I want to support
them.... but their business practices are unbelievable.  They
absolutely must have information on when their supplier will ship
the goods... even if it is only an estimate... if, in fact, they
have placed an order. If you read the recent intro to the TRF
TR6-250 parts flyer.... you can see that Charles Runyan is in way
over his head with debt and doesn't have the money to buy
inventory for the popular fast moving stuff.

I had this week off from work to work on the car.  I can't do
that with no parts.... and I will not strip out the interior and
dismantle my seats without the parts in and or an ETA.

If I don't get some answers or the parts in the next couple of
weeks... I will have to cancel the order and find another
source... whatever the price.  I must talk to John Swauger
directly..... and tell him of my position... before I cancel.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html