TR6 ring gear question

To: "'Triumphs@autox. Net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <owner-6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 ring gear question
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:32:02 -0500
I've got a problem with my ring gear backing off my flywheel.  My issue
started out with the original flywheel ring gear having slowly backed
off after 30 years.  But I purchased a new ring gear and installed it
and now I am having the problem again.  My question is why is it backing
off?  There was one thing that I could think of and that is that during
the initial attempt to install the ring gear, we were unable to get the
ring gear on despite heating with map gas.  It was then taken to a local
machine shop and heated and it slipped right on.

That's where I am now or back to square one.  Ideas as to what might
have caused this issue and what to do to prevent it from happening
again.  I could always weld the ring gear in place, but would prefer not
to unless necessary.

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2