Re: speeding tickets (A non-LBC rant)

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: speeding tickets (A non-LBC rant)
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:27:51 -0700
Joe Curry wrote:

> In AZ they have Traffic School but it sure ain't cheap!  It is however worth
>it to keep the ticket off your insurance record.

It is my understanding that a ticket on your record may affect your ability to
change carriers but not necessarily change the
rates you pay your current carrier.  An accident OTOH will bump your rates.

I got this info from my agent and I was asking about my specific carrier -- but
since it is the largest auto insurer I would
expect its practices are typical.

YMMV -- but before you spring for the time & $$$ for traffic school you might
ask your agent if it will make any difference in
your rates (I realize there are other reasons to go to traffic school, e.g. to
keep points off your record).

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Tucson (where it is darned difficult to get a ticket unless you're in Oro
Valley)