Re: speeding tickets (A non-LBC rant)

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: speeding tickets (A non-LBC rant)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:29:55 -0600
>Come on Mark!  45 mph zone on a 4 lane freeway?

You bet.  We have one in Saint Paul.  The section of I-35E from the
Mississippi River north to I-94 and the same stretch in the other direction.

>Ridiculous!

Well, of course it is.  A local columnist (with whom I went to school, BTW)
has gotten us all to call it "The Practice Freeway".

It was part of a deal to pay off a neighborhood that didn't want a freeway.
As part of the settlement, the state agreed to call it a "Parkway", prohibit
large trucks and post a 45MPH speed limit to keep the noise down.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org