Re: speeding tickets (A non-LBC rant)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speeding tickets (A non-LBC rant)
From: MRobe33243@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:05:47 EST
Reading the rants on speeding tickets, I have come to the conclusion that
none of the respondents were in police service during their tenure (so far)
on earth.  I am a retired police officer here in Florida and will not defend
the actions of fellow officers in traffic enforcement situations which vary
from second to second across the USA and beyond.

      I will however comment on the officer's general experience with traffic
crashes, the effect on the officer at the scene of of a fatal crash where he
is sorting out the scene and helping Fire/rescue/ambulance service take care
of dead and wounded and afterward reconstructing the scene and much later
testifying in criminal and civil cases. This is a brief thumbnail description
of the dark side of traffic enforcement that affects the attitude of most
officers in their duty bound efforts to police those stretches of roadways
that he knows are dangerous and concentrates his efforts there.  Again, I do
not support superciliuos enforcement, but that which require special effort.
Sorry for the flame but had to say something for the good guys

Bob Roberts
TR$ 35411CT