RE: 'Speckled' at The Cat and Custard Pot

To: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 'Speckled' at The Cat and Custard Pot
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:41:02 +0000
Javier

>"...Malmesbury is notable in that the Land-Rovers are
>not driven by Fulham Farmers and actually have real
>mud on them. It's a real country market town"
>
>Is a "Fulham Farmer" a Gentleman Farmer as they say in
>the colonies?

No, a Gentleman Farmer has no livestock, just crops, whereas a Fulham Farmer
has stocks _and_ bonds... He uses his Land-Rover to negotiate the steep kerbs
outside Harrods, and his wife finds it essential to survive the urban
hurly-burly of Fulham, Kensington or Chelsea as she drives the children 200
yards to school every day

>I recall the "rush along the Fulham Road into the ever
>Passion Play" from the Jethro Tull Passion Play Album.
> Same reference or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Same Fulham Road.. though it's a few years since I heard the album. Ian
Anderson's still around though not, I believe, standing on one leg anymore