Re: Battery placement (very little if any LBC content)

To: bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery placement (very little if any LBC content)
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:40:25 EST
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Early 60's Ford pickups had the battery just under the drivers feet.  From
what I recall the box was angle iron and the lid sealed it front he passenger
compartment.

Another choice would be to bolt a battery box to the frame this would be a
bit more difficult for access but not really a problem.

As for batteries, get a Delco.  These things do not leak when the charging
system is working properly.  If you are concerned about fumes, the Delcos
sealed tops and two vent tubes that will accept thin clear tubing.  ( I have
seen a couple of units that have removable caps, these are to be avoided as
the one I saw leaked)

How good are Delcos?  I've gotten 8 years out of one that cranked a
International Scout 345 engine.  I converted this to a shop tow truck so it
survived many short run cycles and was stored outside during winter.

Another data point.  UPS is probably one of the most fleet cost couscous
trucking company.  My local supplier of Delco says UPS will accept _nothing_
but a Delco.

Harold

In a message dated 11/14/02 9:58:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,