Re: 1980 TR7 questions

To: one_second_zero@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1980 TR7 questions
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:13:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2005 4:15:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
one_second_zero@yahoo.com writes:

Or it  could be $1000 too high.

Greg,
You know I agree totally with your analysis and comments.  You really  have
to be careful when choosing any Triumph to bring into the fold and try to
bring back to life.  But TR7's can be really enjoyable if one finds the  right
car.  The FI / 81 I have I bought new in 1996!  Really!  It  was never sold and
never titled and had 92 miles on it when I drove it away from  the dealership.
It took some doing to get it right but it has 8,000 + miles on  it now and
runs perfect.  OK I paid 10,000 for it, less than sticker,  but I have very few
restoration dollars in this car.  So as Triumph's go I  have a cheap one that
is an excellent driver, Concours Winner and very  enjoyable.
The 76 VE TR7 Fixed Head Coupe I have was acquired from the original owner
with 36,000 on the clock. $3800 bucks.  It too is a nice running car  although
I did have to fit a lower ratio automatic diff to make it tolerable on  the
highway since it has the four speed gearbox.  I love that car, it is  unique
with spoker rims and all.
There is a guy here in NE OHIO who has a Brooklands Green FHC TR7 fitted
with a Sprint Engine that has an asking price of 17 Large. He claims  it is a
Group 44 play car that was retrofitted with the Sprint motor,  stateside. It is
very well done and hard to tell if it is authentic. It is  a Triumph that could
be driven away from lock up.  Still a little rich for  my blood. But I would
love to have it.
A good TR7 Spider is a "TOO DIE FOR TRIUMPH"!  Make no mistake  about It!
But it must be the right one or it may drive you to the poor  house.  So what
else is new?
Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org