Re: 1980 TR7 questions

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1980 TR7 questions
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:17:22 -0700 (PDT)
Darrell,

Sounds like you found the right kind of TR7s!   You got the right car to start
with and it will always be valuable.

I've also always had a weakness for the unusual cars.   For example, I've
always thought it would be cool to have a TR8 fixed head coupe instead of a
roadster.   Just because you don't see that many of them.   Same reason I like
Java TR6s.  You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a red TR6 (including my
own!) at the triumph meets, but the unusual factory colors really stand out.

Now, you want to hear a really wierd glimpse into what type of car catches my
attention?  I was driving to work this morning and I saw a mid 1970s Mustang II
on the road.  And it looked to be in good original condition.  Still had the
original wheel covers.  Now the Mustang II is a car that was a complete dog
that earned a sorry reputation as the successor to the first generation of
Mustangs.  No one wanted them.  But they are so rare to see on the road now
(since everyone junked them) that this one seemed really unique to me.  A
survivor in the truest sense of the word.

Cheers!

TR250Driver@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 10/20/2005 4:15:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,