Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:24:13 -0400
>>Why would the thermostat have a problem with 10 PSI if the 10 PSI is
applied
to both sides of the thermostat?

I suspect that the change was more coincidental with the pressure change.
Using a more standard, off the shelf thermostat has certain economic and
logistic
advantages (i.e.: you can buy one anywhere).
Cheers
Dave<<

As a side observation. My TR3A ran fine without an effective thermostat.
Upon recognizing that the wrong one (short neck) was installed I replaced it
with the proper neck size and pressure. Guess what happened next? A leak
developed in the heater core and in the block spigot! Removed the heater and
replaced the spigot. The 2nd spigot also leaked so just plugged the dang
hole. Now I currently have the correct thermostat (off the shelf ) but no
heater or spigot.

Fran

name of winmail.dat]

===     http://www.vtr.org