Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat

To: peterara@msn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1960 TR3 thermostat
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:02:28 EDT
In a message dated 10/23/2005 2:18:42 PM Central Standard Time,
peterara@msn.com writes:
> <Why would the thermostat have a problem with 10 PSI if the 10 PSI is
> applied
> to both sides of the thermostat?>
>
> The problem is that the bellows, cannot withstand 10 psi, and collapses.  It
> is not a question of balance.  This has been tested by a very reputable
> shop.

OK.  Thanks.  After looking in the TR3 manual I now understand how this type
of thermostat works.  Makes a lot of sense until you realize that the cooling
system pressure is not consistent.  I guess altitude will have an effect as
well.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org