RE: [TR] Advice on front brakes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Advice on front brakes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:27:56 -0700
> Yikes!  I was going to replace my front rotors myself this weekend, but
> now I've been scared into having the local shop do it!

Didn't mean to scare you, Bill.  In fact, I'd still suggest you are better
off doing it yourself, since you are motivated to be sure it is exactly
right.  I've seen too many shops forget to turn the cotter pin, or worse,
leave out parts.

Heard a funny noise in the front of the family wagon the other day ...
apparently the shop that replaced the front rotors forgot to tap a dust cap
home.

> P.S.  I've heard stories about sudden loss of one of the rear wheels.
> Any truth to that?

Always a possibility with any car, but I've not heard it's particularly
common on TR250/6.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org