Re: smooth ride, clutch stuff

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: smooth ride, clutch stuff
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:00:42 -0700 (PDT)
The stock-grade throwout bearings have been complete junk for the past
few years.  No matter how you press them onto the sleeves, they fall
apart in just a few thousand miles, if that.  I went through 4 t/o
bearings in a few months during 1997, and finally put in one of the
heavy-duty bearings made for Toyota Land Cruiser.  Haven't had a
problem since.  TRF sells this bearing as part of their "magic clutch"
kit with Sachs components (probably the same part that your mechanic is
using).  Several TR parts suppliers are selling this kit.  I would
caution anyone who needs to replace a t/o bearing, don't use the
standard grade bearings.  I have heard nothing but complaints, and had
several problems myself.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/