Re: smooth ride, clutch stuff

To: "Timothy Holbrook" <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: smooth ride, clutch stuff
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:44:38 -0700
Tim and anyone concerned:

I too also have had the same concerns with the clutch when I bought my 74 it
came with clutch disengaging way down on the floor.
    I was told by the DPO that the clutch parts were all new.Don't of know
the brand but it was not an enjoyable drive,after studing everything it
seemed that the only cause could be the clutch so I ended up buying a new
clutch(Borg & Beck) this helped very little.
    my final solution was using a clutch master Cylinder pushrod from a
spitfire which is a little longer and gives a little more stroke from the
cylinder. Then I was able to go to the third hole on the fork lever thus
reducing the pressure required to operate the creature, I realize that it is
only a bandaid to the problem as the cylinder piston will bottom in the
cylinder before the pedal hits the floor, but it worked.
     Since I have been driving the car off and on for the past four months I
now believe that I could reinstall the old TR6 pushrod back into the
cylinder because the pedal has seemed to have risen from the disengagment
point that it had when I began.
     Maybe this can be of use to some one.
Brooks