Re: smooth ride, clutch stuff

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: smooth ride, clutch stuff
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:18:39 -0700 (PDT)
Dick,

How did you measure the force needed to disengage the clutch?  Maybe I
could do the same on mine and see if my clutch is tighter.  I'm not
saying that mine is impossible to disengage or that I have a giant left
leg, but it definitely seems much to hard considering the engine's size
and power.  Quite seriously, my clutch is harder to use than a Mustang
Cobra.  I have the magic clutch though, what pressure plate is this?  I
believe its a Sachs, right?  If you have a B&B, then I guess we
wouldn't be comparing apples and apples.

As far as the clutch biting right off the floor, I have already
addressed slop in the pedal linkage, this is much improved over how it
once was.  And the bottom end (clutch fork, etc) is also new.  I don't
really know what the problem is....

The clutch is not jerky in its action or hanging up at all, it's just
difficult to bring it in gradually since it bights so close off the
floor and the pedal pressure is so high.  Once I let off a little bit
of pressure to bring the clutch in, it engages almost immediately and
the clutch pressure is very high.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/