[6pack] Rechroming luggage rack

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Rechroming luggage rack
From: "Phil Beckman" <pbeckman@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:46:35 -0500
I posted a few weeks back about rechroming the bumpers on my 73 TR6 this
winter and thank everyone for the responses.  I've spoken to a number of shops
now, both local and distant so I've gotten some prices.

I also was planning to have the luggage rack on the trunk done at the same
time as the bumpers but I'm very suprised at the cost for dong a rack.  Having
had it explained to me I understand now why its so expensive (lots of work by
hand) but I have to wonder if I wouldn't just be better off buying a new one
from TRF or Moss.  A new one from TRF or Moss would actually be cheaper than
rechroming by original rack but I have to wonder if the quality would be the
same.  I certainly don't want to buy a new one and then kick myself in a few
years because I cut a corner I shouldn't have.

Any opinions?

Phil