Re: [6pack] Rechroming luggage rack

To: Phil Beckman <pbeckman@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rechroming luggage rack
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:31:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Phil Beckman wrote:

> from TRF or Moss.  A new one from TRF or Moss would actually be cheaper than
> rechroming by original rack but I have to wonder if the quality would be the
> same.  I certainly don't want to buy a new one and then kick myself in a few
> years because I cut a corner I shouldn't have.
>
> Any opinions?

I bought new about 12 - 14 years ago (rather than re-chrome) because the
re-chrome cost was around $400. Moss at the time had new for $130 or so.

It still shines and it's been used to haul all sorts of stuff all over the
place.

IMHO - get new.

> Phil

regards,
rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489