Re: Traction control and ABS in S/P

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Subject: Re: Traction control and ABS in S/P
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:37:32 -0400
>Here's a hypothetical for you... I have a faulty ABS sensor, which I
>haven't gotten around to replacing.  So if my ABS is broken, does that
>mean I can't compete in Stock?

I suppose you could compete, but you'd be open to protest, which would
probably hold up.  I would imagine that the ABS light on your dash would
probably be on to warn you of a problem in the system.  But either way,
ignorance (real or otherwise) is no excuse as far as the rules go.  It would
probably be easy to get away with, but certainly against the intent of the
rules, just like removing the ABS fuse as someone else mentioned (at least
as far as stock is concerned).

    - Justin