RE: Turbo guys get screwed again

To: "'Mac Crossett'" <delta-v@kscable.com>,
Subject: RE: Turbo guys get screwed again
From: "Stevens, Kevin" <kstevens@ventritex.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:55:54 -0700
>After all, a bone stock LS1 Camaro only makes 290+hp at
>the wheels and can only run a 105mph quarter mile, while an ESP-preped LS1
>might make a measly 111mph trap in the quarter!  They obviously can't
>compete with a 2.0L turbo that might trap 100mph on a cold day!

...and those LS1s lose 1 1/2 car lengths to the AWD cars coming out of every
slow turn  (about .3 - .4 sec. at the finish line).  Take a snapshot of any
Pro Solo start if you don't believe it.

>Maybe the saying is true that engine displacement is inversely proportional
to penis size???

Maybe.  It certainly does matter how you use it.  That's why I object this
simplistic horsepower argument from the DSM contingent - the cars are
different enough that it isn't useful to compare HP numbers.  I think the
turbo car drivers have legitimate beefs about the way they are affected by
the rules, but comparing HP numbers isn't a reasonable argument.

KeS

(I agree with what someone proposed months ago:  Let the turbo cars develop
to the limit of the SP rules, and then reclassify if necessary.  Note that a
restriction such as is proposed is not necessarily a bad idea - are there
equivalent swaps available for most other SP turbo cars?)