Re: Turbo guys get screwed again

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo guys get screwed again
From: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:57:59 -0400
On or about 06:08 PM 6/15/99 -0500, David Green did say:
>> Maybe.  It certainly does matter how you use it.  That's why I object this
>> simplistic horsepower argument from the DSM contingent - the cars are
>> different enough that it isn't useful to compare HP numbers.  I think the
>> turbo car drivers have legitimate beefs about the way they are affected by
>> the rules, but comparing HP numbers isn't a reasonable argument.
>>

>Ok, then how would you like to compare??  Since there is absolutely no
>evidence that the current DSM folks have dominant cars.

The current DSM drivers aren't dominant drivers. I've been avoiding this
cause one of them is  a good friend (well, I hope Fedja still is), but
frankly I haven't seen the type of high caliber driver needed get into one
of these to show what it can REALLY do. And the cars are doing well enough
in the hands of just "good" drivers to make you go "hmmm..."

Another point: If i remember correctly, Howard is the one that ok'd this
swap as an update backdate. Last I checked it was still on the SEB's
shoulders to make those decisions. The SEB needed to address and obvious
clash of one rule and one *possible* rule. Those  being "Turbos may not be
changed or modified" and the update-backdate rule. Given that saying the
turbo is not part of the engine is questionable anyway, i'd say that picked
the right rule to stick with. butm you'll just tell me I'm biased, yadda
yadda, f-bodies have more horsepower, yadda yadda yadda, so what ever...I
*AM* going back to racing now, how ever it turns out. Did cry why SFCs
weren't allowed, didn't cry when the bigger turbos were allowed, ain't
gonna cry if they continue to be allowed. I'll just keep teasing fedja and
having a good time runnign with him...

later.

Karl