Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?

To: pfoster@gdi.net, autox@autox.team.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?
From: Kevin Stevens <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:32:08 PDT
>From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
>To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?
>Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:45:22 -0400
>
>I am afraid that any reasonably competitive SCCA group will not let >you
>ride or drive with another participant in the car with the >possible
>exception of fun runs. It is too damn bad.

SFR SCCA has allowed unlimited passengers for at least the last three years.

>From that point on I never refused anybody a ride and I begged rides
>from all the top drivers. Watching from outside the cockpit is very
>deceptive unless your are a great observer or you already know what >to do.
>Watching from inside is a whole different story.
>
>Paul Foster

My first year I offered to either pay the entry fee, or allow codriving my
car, for any regional or national champion in SFR who would give me
feedback.  Best money I ever spent.  I got a wonderful and wide variety of

KeS

(That is a standing offer, BTW!)