Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?

To: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How does a region foster nationally competitive drivers?
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:39:39 -0500
>Wichita Region allows passenger's also.  Our only limitation is that
>there can be only one passenger, and the passenger can't be a competitor
>that has not yet completed their runs. (we wouldn't stop anyone, but
>they could get protested for it)

Ahhh...another of my regional pet peeves.  Who has ever been/ever protested
at a regional event?  I suppose that at the larger regions there could be
instances
where this could happen, but in most of the ones I've run (75 or less
competitors),
any protest should be able to be solved with a 'hey, you can't do that' 'oh,
okay'
kind of thing.  This was brought up over the passenger issue at one of our
meetings
'you could be on the protest committee if someone thinks is unfair.'  I
think that if
I'm ever asked to serve on a regional protest committee, it'll be my last
run in that
region.

Again...we're competing for a JACKET.

David Hawkins