RE: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?

To: "'John Steczkowski'" <stecz@Crossroads.com>,
Subject: RE: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:26:39 -0400
If the sway bar is attached to the chassis at 2 points that are far apart
from eachother and close to the ends in a way that doesn't allow the entire
bar to twist, then adjusting just one side will preload the suspension on
that side. In other words you will be adding additional spring stiffness to
one side only. If the bar can freely transfer load from one end to another
this should not be a problem. But a lot of bars we see have enough kinks in
them that an unequal adjustment may make for unequal results. IMHO of course
:-)

Regards,
Alan Pozner