RE: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?

To: "Team. Net \(E-mail\)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?
From: "John Coffey" <johncof@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:37:39 -0700
I said:

> And I agree that in bump the lever arm length of the sway bar end
> does come into play.

Well...  I was wrong.  I thought about it some more and was further educated
by a couple of replies to my original message.  The same holds true for a
sway bar in bump too!  You only need to adjust one end.  Here's another way
to look at it:

A swaybar is just a torsion bar.  Only the center part of the swaybar
transfers the load and it could care less about the lengths of each end.
The center part of the sway bar sees both ends as one lever (which is the
combined lengths of the two sway bar ends).   Why?  Well... each end is
totally dependent on the other because you can't disconnect one end and have
the bar still work on the other.

So...  You only need to adjust one end of a swaybar.

John Coffey
johncof@ibm.net