Re: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?

To: "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, "Mike Bultemeier" <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:02:03 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Cc: Meyer, Brian J <Brian.Meyer@Wichita.BOEING.com>; Team. Net (E-mail)
<autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, August 03, 1999 4:19 PM

>Mike Bultemeier wrote:
>> I have sway bars on the S2000 that are infinatly adjustable. In other
>> words they slide as opposed to using a hole for location. If you
>> lossen only one side, you can't slide it very far without it binding.
>
>Sure you can, but you also need to adjust the length of that drop link
>(the piece that slides along the bar) so that the preload remains at
>zero.

If you see my other post and think it through, you will see that the effect
of an asymmetrically-adjusted sway bar is unequal to the two sided of the
car even if the static preload is zero.  My analysis assumes a zero static
preload in both cases.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/