Re: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: Adjustable Swaybars - One or Both Ends?
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:48:46 -0400
Mike Bultemeier wrote:
> I have sway bars on the S2000 that are infinatly adjustable. In other
> words they slide as opposed to using a hole for location. If you
> lossen only one side, you can't slide it very far without it binding.

Sure you can, but you also need to adjust the length of that drop link
(the piece that slides along the bar) so that the preload remains at
zero.

If you adjust both ends, you generally don't need to adjust the length
of the drop links, which is probably why most bars are adjustable on
both ends.

Mark