Re: How do you reduce oversteer in a FWD car?

To: Cccya1@aol.com
Subject: Re: How do you reduce oversteer in a FWD car?
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:54:07 -0500
Cccya1@aol.com wrote:

> I was able to somewhat control the oversteer by left foot braking.  I have
> another event this weekend and would like to know what I can do to help
> reduce it.  Since the only thing I can adjust is tire pressure, what do I do?
>  Lower the loose end? or Raise it?
> Thank you in advance,
>  Kevin

Hey Kevin.  Without implying anything negative about your driving, why
don't you do a few more events like it is and learn to drive with the
oversteer?  For some, oversteer is the fast set up but it can take a
while to learn to take full advantage of it.  Especially when first
experiencing it just after working with terminal understeer.  Adopt some
"slow in-fast out" techniques.  Have fun!

--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese