Re: How do you reduce oversteer in a FWD car?

To: Cccya1@aol.com
Subject: Re: How do you reduce oversteer in a FWD car?
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:10:49 -0700
Cccya1@aol.com wrote:

> Hey all, I just want to say thanks in advance, I know you will help me
> through this..
>
> At an autocross today, I had a difficult time controlling oversteer (yes
> over, not under, I know what your thinking) in my 96 honda civic ex.  I was
> all over the place, I spun 2 and slid into a line of cones another time.
> Here are my mods and what I did to control it.:
>
> 5.5x14 2nd gen. integra alloy wheels
> Khumo 205/55/14's  F42psi, R 35psi
> ST Rear sway bar
>
> I was able to somewhat control the oversteer by left foot braking.  I have
> another event this weekend and would like to know what I can do to help
> reduce it.  Since the only thing I can adjust is tire pressure, what do I do?
>  Lower the loose end? or Raise it?

How about disconnecting that rear sway bar!

It sounds like that's the only thing that would keep you of stock class
anyway. And rest assured, that will reduce your oversteer.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/