Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: "Scott R Sawyer" <reddog_es22@juno.com>, <scavenger@eol-online.com>,
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:58:58 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott R Sawyer <reddog_es22@juno.com>
To: scavenger@eol-online.com <scavenger@eol-online.com>;
autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, August 22, 1999 1:45 AM

>I've read an awful lot of posts on this of late, and I think I fall into
>the school of thought that says the real problem goes back to allowing
>the ACR into SS racing.
>Until the ACR, the cars that were raced in SS were the same model that
>was sold to the general public. The problem I have with the ACR is that
>it was built as a race package.

I don't agree.  Maybe it needed to be re-classed, but the ACR was a
legitimate factory-built standard model car.  It was widely available at
dealerships across the country.   It was not rare or expensive.

I think all the manufacturers should have had the incentive to build such
cars, and make them available to the general public, just the way the ACR
was indeed available to the general public.  The "Trunk kit" was a bad idea.
Tell the makers to build better cars!

I want to see more enthusiast-oriented cars.  And I don't mean
limited-edition megabucks cars.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/