Re: Spokes: Re: Big Swaybar Woes...

To: TeamZ3@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spokes: Re: Big Swaybar Woes...
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:58:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/99 11:33:26 AM EST, TeamZ3 writes:

> I'm not sure we're all on the same page about which *brackets we're
> discussing.  On certain Mazda's there is the swaybar bushing housing
> bracket; the bracket that holds the D-shaped pivot bushing, and there's
> also a frame extension bracket that the bushing bracket mounts too.
> My assumption is that GH is discussing the bushing brackets only.

No, I'm talking about the frame extension bracket, if that's what they're
called.  I'm assuming the frame extension bracket on the '99 Miata is
similar to the ones on 3rd-gen RX-7's, and is therefore the one that breaks.

>  I looked at this extensively when I owned a 1993 RX-7TT that would
> break the frame  extension brackets.  My conclusion was that the frame
> mounting bracket is a separate part from the swaybar bushing bracket.
> As such, it would not be Stock class legal to modify, remove, or replace
> the frame extension bracket except to drill new swaybar mounting holes
> in it.

Right, that was my point, I just wasn't clear in identifying which bracket
I was talking about.

GH Sharp